Teacher of the Visually Impaired Jobs - TVI Jobs
EBS Healthcare is seeking new graduates and experienced Teachers of the Visually Impaired who have a passion for working with children from birth to 21-years-old.
As an EBS Teacher of the Visually Impaired, you are the central figure on the educational team for your student with a visual impairment. You will provide strategies and tools that can help your student learn and perform everyday activities, and participate in the general curriculum in the school.
Your specific responsibilities may vary depending on your student’s age and specific needs, Individualized Education Program (IEP) or Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP), and the policies of the particular school district. Your role may include some or all of the following:
- Reading and writing in braille, using a low vision device, or independent living skills
- Conducting various assessments of your student to determine his/her abilities and needs
- Working with family members to educate them with skills needed for carryover in the home
- Meeting with family members, your student’s regular education teacher, and other members of the educational team to discuss his/her progress
- Analyzing the classroom and other environments for access and safety related to a student's visual impairment or blindness, and advising other members of the team about how best to organize the classroom and materials
- Providing consultation and training for teachers and other school personnel on effective strategies for teaching students with visual impairments
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. An EBS Teacher of the Visually Impaired's salary varies based on experience, education, and location.